Tuesday 19 June 2012

Things Irish

Hello there,

 I must confess I have a weak spot for all things Irish.

This started upon meeting with my biology teacher Sean and having him teach me many interesting things about protoplasma and suchlike. Beautiful in his own right and complete with cauliflower ears caused by playing too much rugby.

Strangely enough I have never actually set foot in Ireland, I mean like Never, and now I am afraid I will be hugely disappointed when I will go there.

The Irish seem to have lots of good things: beautiful and rugged nature, ultimate spa's, humour (the famous Irish craic) and the necessary funny people.

They may have less good things too: the food (all carbohydrates), the drink (that brown stuff they get all patriotic about), they can't all see eye to eye and sometimes have nasty ways of expressing their discontentment. But this last one would be a wholly different topic.

This brings me to the following video shot by himself a.k.a. Tony of Marian Keyes and her niece Ema using their brilliant random generator to select raffle winners.

 

There are some cooking videos on there, involving intriguing ingredients such as date syrup and tahini. Very good for sleepless nights or rainy days. 

Better news still is that Marian's new book will be out on September 13th and I am already looking forward to it. 

Hope you have a nice day today!
XO


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up immediately.It takes a while, but it will!